Saturday, January 20, 2024

Scifi Walls from Board Game Scrap

 


I got this idea from Irrational Number Line Games, an excellent source of kitbashing ideas.


Okay, so most board games, and quite a few miniatures games, come with heavy cardstock counters we punch out and then throw away the "sprue".  Well, don't throw away that "scrap" just yet.  Here, I've cut rectangles so the holes are symmetrical with another piece.

Here I've sprayed a matched pair of sprues with silver paint left over from some Mars Attacks saucers I did recently.


The one bit of money I spent on this project was this notebook of colored plastic folders.  A whole $4.

Then I just cut out a rectangle of plastic and glue it to a "wall half" with CA.


Glue the matching wall half sandwiching the plastic, add some feet to get it to stand up, and I have really inexpensive, decent looking, modular sci-fi walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment